Matt Stein – Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
Board Certified & Nationally Recognized trial attorney
With more than 34 years of courtroom experience, Matthew W. Stein represents clients across the Commonwealth of Kentucky. He represents personal injury and wrongful death clients who have suffered from car wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, big truck wrecks, and bus wrecks; medical negligence; slip and falls; industrial accidents and more. Mr. Stein also has extensive litigation experience with breach of contract and business tort claims, and other business-related claims.
Mr. Stein graduated from the University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture in 1985. While attending the University of Kentucky he lettered in football for the Wildcats. He went on to study law at the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctorate in 1989. Mr. Stein is a Board-Certified Civil Trial Advocate with the National Board of Trial Advocacy; a Board Certified Civil Pretrial Advocate with the National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy; a member of the Litigation Counsel of America; a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100; and was voted a Kentucky Super Lawyer in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2013-2023.
- Admitted to Kentucky Bar, 1989
- Trinity High School, Louisville KY, 1980
- University of Kentucky (BS, Agriculture 1985)
- University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law (JD, 1989)
Honors and Awards:
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Member, Diversity Law Institute and Member, The Trial Law Institute
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society.
- Million Dollar Advocate
- Board Certified Civil Pretrial Advocate, National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Volunteer Judge, 2013 Regional Mock Trial Competition
- Presenter, Dirty Litigation Tactics, National Business Institute, 2013
- Presenter, The Mechanics of Kentucky Civil Procedure, National Business Institute, 2012
- Presenter, Medicare Set-Asides in Personal Injury Litigation, Maintaining an Ethical Practice, 2011
- Presenter, How to Present your Case at Trial, National Business Institute, 2007